Sunday, February 15, 2009

The End

So this is the end of our Group 4 Project. We hope that by coming along this journey with us for these 20 or so blogs, you are able to get a glimpse of our research on this very important topic. By throwing garbage in the ocean, we think that, at most, it'll just harm the fish right? From doing this project we found that what effects marine life, the air, or even the environment in general affects us too because they're all part of the world we live in. It's interesting to find that everything in the world seems to be interrelated somehow, and the way we treat the environment has a direct impact on us too.

If you already knew about this topic, we hope you agree with how important this is, and if you didn't, then we hope you are a little more enlightened and encouraged to keep our oceans clean.

p.s. Remember, our GF is your GF=)

3 comments:

  1. I'm surprised by how much I actually learned from this project! I never even knew we had garbage floating around like a literal blob; at most I thought it would a couple pieces here and there, but nothing quite so humongous. I feel like my eyes have been open to see something I never quite saw before. Just like earlier said, I was one of those people who thought, "out of sight, out of mind". But now it's firmly engraved in my memory after a month of research and work on this project. I'm actually glad we did this, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same with me. I learned a lot about fish as well. I didn't know that they were that important to us. I always just thought of them as food and pets. Seeing all the pictures of the garbage floating in the ocean really disgusted me and now I will think twice before I leave my garbage lying around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! At first I didn't think this project would really be so interesting, but I'm really glad we covered this topic, because I didn't know anything about gyres and garbage in the ocean before. It was a really good experience and cool to hear back from experts that really know what they're talking about! I definitely learned a lot=)

    ReplyDelete